Friday, September 02, 2005

drown

When I was about ten years old, I decided to try to kill myself. I plugged the drain on the bathroom sink and filled it up with water. I put my head in the water and tried to inhale, thinking I'd be able to drown myself. I immediately started coughing and sputtering and jerked backwards and hit my head on the faucet. Water splashed onto the bathroom floor. I coughed for a while, and thought maybe I didn't inhale deeply enough. I exhaled as completely as I could, then put my head back into the water and held my breath a while, thinking that maybe the sudden inhalation after holding my breath would be more effective. It didn't work. I coughed a lot more and splashed more water onto the bathroom floor, but I didn't hit my head on the faucet the second time. I realized that if I was going to kill myself, I would have to figure out another way. I drained the sink and dried my hair and face and the bathroom floor, and hung the towel up to dry.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you try again with a different method later?

9/08/2005 7:33 PM  
Blogger danteand said...

Not that I recall, but I thought about it.

9/08/2005 9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home